Senior research associate of the Terahertz Spectroscopy Department, Dr. Sci.
Born in 1971 in Nizhniy Novgorod, Married
Noise and fluctuations in dynamical systems and, in particular, in Josephson electronic devices.
- 1988 — 1993 — student of the department of radiophysics of Nizhniy Novgorod State University;
- 1993 — 1996 — postgraduate student of the chair of bionics and statistical radiophysics of Nizhniy Novgorod State University, scientific supervisor Prof.
A. N. Malakhov;
- 1996 — present — junior research associate, research associate, senior research associate of the department for physics of superconductors/ of the terahertz spectroscopy department of the Institute for Physics of Microstructures of RAS.
1997 defended the dissertation for a degree of candidate of phys.-math. sciences on the topic of «Stochastic transitions in bistable systems, described by the piecewise parabolic potential profiles. An exact solution of the Kramer’s problem»
1998 (8.10.98 — 7.01.99) — as a visiting Professor read a course of lectures «Stochastic processes and applications» at the physical faculty of the Technical University of Denmark (Lyngby).
1999−2001 long-term research work at the University of Salerno, Italy.
He participated as a speaker in more than 20 International conferences in Russia and abroad, including as a guest speaker. More than 40 articles published in the leading Russian and foreign journals (full list contains more than sixty scientific works). He is the reviewer of the journals Physical Review Letters, Physical Review B, Physical Review E, Europhysics Letters, Physica A, Physics Letters A.
For the work «Methods of calculation of temporal and spectral characteristics of random processes and their application to minimize the effect of noise in Josephson electronic devices» was awarded the title of The winner of the State prize of the Russian Federation of 2003 in science and technology for young scientists.
2009 defended the dissertation on competition of a scientific degree of the Doctor of Phys.-math. Sciences on the topic of «The minimization of the effect of noise in Josephson electronic devices».
2011 awarded a stypend of «Dynasty» Foundation on the program of support of young scientists with Dr. Sci. degree.
- Malakhov, A. N. and Pankratov, A. l. (2002): Evolution times of probability distributions and averages — Exact solutions of the Kramers' problem, Advances in Chemical Physics, v. 121, pp. 357−438, ed. by I. Prigogine and Stuart A. Rice, Wiley.
- Malakhov, A. N. and Pankratov, A. L. (1996): Influence of thermal fluctuations on time characteristics of single Josephson element with high damping. Exact solution. Physica C 269, 46−54.
- Pankratov, A. l. (1999): Time evolution of averages in dynamical systems driven by noise. Physics Letters A 255, 17−22.
- Antonov, A. A., Pankratov, and A. L.,
Yulin A. V.and Mygind, J. (2000): the Influence of thermal fluctua on Cherenkov radiation from fluxons in dissipative Josephson systems. Physical Review B 61, 9809−9819.
- Pankratov, A. L. and Salerno, M. (2000): Resonant activation in periodically driven overdamped systems with noise. Physics Letters A, 273, 162−166.
- Pankratov, A. l. (2002): Suppression of noise in nonlinear systems subjected to strong periodic driving. Physical Review E, 65, 022101−1 — 022101−3.
- Pankratov, A. l. (2002): Form and width of spectral line of a Josephson Flux-Flow oscillator. Physical Review B, 65, 054504−1 — 054504−9.
V. P. Dmitriev, P. n., Sobolev, A. S., Pankratov, and A. L., Khodos, V. V., Vaks, V. L., Baryshev, A. M., Wesselius, P. R., and Mygind, J. (2002): the Linewidth of the Josephson Flux Flow Oscillators. Physica C, 372−376, 316−321.
- Pankratov, A. l. (2002): Long Josephson junctions with spatially inhomogeneous driving. Physical Review B 66, 134526−1 — 134526−5.
- Pankratov, A. l. (2003): Optimal pump frequency for ac hysteretic SQUID. Physical Review B, 68, 024503−1-024503−5.
- Pankratov, A. L. and Spagnolo, B. (2004): Suppression of Timing Errors in Short Overdamped Josephson Junctions. Physical Review Letters, 93, 177001−1-177001−4.
- Gordeeva A. V. and Pankratov, and A. L. (2006): Minimization of timing errors in reproduction of single flux quantum q. Applied Physics Letters, 88, 022505.
- Pankratov, and
A. L. Sobolev, A. S., Koshelets, V. P., and Mygind, J. (2007): the Influence of surface losses and the self-pumping effect on current-voltage characteristics of a long Josephson junction, Physical Review B 75, 184516.
- Fedorov K. G., Pankratov, A. l. (2007): Mean time of the thermal escape in a current-biased the long-overlap Josephson junction, Physical Review B, 76, 024504.
- Pankratov, and A. L., Vaks, V. L., and Koshelets, V. P. (2007): Spectral properties of phase locked Flux Flow Oscillator, Journal of Applied Physics, 102, 063912.
- Pankratov, and A. L. (2008): Minimizing the linewidth of the flux-flow oscillator, Applied Physics Letters, 92, 082504.
- Gordeeva A. V. and Pankratov, and A. L. (2008): Minimization of thermal jitter in a balanced comparator SFQ cell, the Journal of Applied Physics, 103, 103913.
- Pankratov, and A. L. (2008): Noise self-pumping in long Josephson junctions, Physical Review B, 78, 024515.
- Pankratov, and A. L., Vdovichev, S. N. and
I. M. Nefedov(2008): Noise-induced effects in high speed reversal of single-domain uniaxial magnetic nanoparticle, Physical Review B, 78, 052401.
- Fedorov K. G., Pankratov, and A. L. (2009): Crossover of the thermal escape the problem in annular spatially distributed systems, Physical Review Letters, 103, 260601.
- Pankratov A. L. and
Gavrilov A. S.(2010): Optimal fast single pulse out of phase qubits, Physical Review B, 81, 052501.
- Smirnov À.A. and
Pankratov A. L.(2010): the Influence of the size of uniaxial magnetic nanoparticle on the reliability of high speed switching, Physical Review B, 82, 132405.
- Pankratov A. L.,
Vdovichev S. N., Nefedov I. M.and Karetnikova I. R.(2011): Noise-induced effects in magnetization reversal and chirality control of circular array of single-domained nanomagnets, Journal of Applied Physics, 109, 033906.
- Revin L. S. and
Pankratov A. L.(2011): Fine tuning of phase qubit parameters for optimization of fast single-pulse readout, Applied Physics Letters, 98, 162501.
- Matrozova E. A.,
Pankratov A. L., Levichev M. Yu. and Vaks V. L.(2011): Spectral characteristics of noisy Josephson flux flow oscillator, Journal of Applied Physics, 110, 053922.
- Sobakinskaya E. A.,
Pankratov A. L.and Vaks V. L.(2012): Dynamics of a quantum two-level system under the action of phase-diffusion field, Physics Letters A, 376, 265−269.
- Revin L. S. and
Pankratov A. L.(2012): Spectral and power properties of inline long Josephson junctions, Physical Review B, 86, 054501.
- Pankratov A. L.,
Gordeeva А. V.and Kuzmin L. S.(2012): Drastic suppression of noise-induced errors in underdamped long Josephson junctions, Physical Review Letters, 109, 087003.
- Matrozova E. A.,
Pankratov A. L.and Revin L. S.(2012): The effect of bias feed profile on spectral properties of noisy Josephson flux flow oscillator, Journal of Applied Physics, 112, 053905.